Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Testimony

Well all through high school i was just goin farther and farther in the wrong path, partying, drinking, sex ah so bad. well when i moved into my own apartment i saw this 3F sticker EVERYWHERE and was on a car next to mine, so i researched and found that it was a church. well i started talking to a girl that went there and invited me for a couple weeks and i never went...then one week i decided to go. about 2 weeks later i told her i want to get baptized so she hooked me up with this guy named steven. so we went to lunch and talked a little bit then he asked if i was interested in getting baptized and i said yes and he was all...well why? at that point i didnt know i thought it just felt right. he then went through the law with me and what it trually means to be saved. as he was going through the law with me god was working on my heart..at the end of the convo i totally broke down, never have i broke down in front of a compleat stranger. god was workin on me harrd, he then told me he was gunna leave me alone and when i was ready to meet him at the church to give me a bible. well we continued to meet up and about 2 weeks later i called him and said i need to see you, we met up and i told him i was saved! GOD SAVED ME! i need to get baptized so that weekend i was batpized. through the convos we had he had told me we are not saved by baptizm we are saved by god and being baptized was being obediant to god because we are saved. now he is one of my best friends and we meet up all the time going through scrpture and growing in christ. all praise be to god ive been saved for 4 months! Gunna stay pure gunna walk with christ and be thee most godly man i can be growing in faith so when god brings we a wife we can both grow in christ and i can be the husband i need do be! I now pick up my cross and follow Christ our God!

John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me drawns him."

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Testimony, Justin!! Glad you shared it!! : ) Keeping u in my prayers!
    PS: I reminded Kirk he needs to email u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible Justin.. I never knew your testimony so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin,

    Thanks for writing out your inspiring testimony. Praise God that Steven went through the law and the gospel with you in an attempt to avoid having you become another statistic of an unsaved person getting baptized. You had a humble response to the law and the gospel (James 4:6) which is what God wants. Too many proud and arrogant people try to justify their sins or feel they can be made right with God through their own merit on some level. May God continue to get the glory and honor for making you into a new creation. Marcus and I have enjoyed evangelizing with you and getting to know you.

    God bless you,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete